Gifts of Personal Property
How It Works
- You transfer a valuable painting, antique, or other personal property to School Ministries of Birmingham.
- School Ministries of Birmingham may hold and display the property or use it in the furtherance of its mission.
- School Ministries of Birmingham may sell the property at some point in the future and use the proceeds for its mission.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the appraised value of your gift and pay no capital gains tax, so long as the gift can be used by School Ministries of Birmingham to carry out its mission.
- Without using cash, you can make a gift that is immediately beneficial to School Ministries of Birmingham.
School Ministries of Birmingham is qualified as a charitable organization by the IRS Code section 501(c)(3) and is an Alabama nonprofit corporation. All donations are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by Federal and State law.
A long time ago, children got into trouble for chewing gum or skipping down the hallway—but not now. Today it is much more serious -- drugs, murder, sexual assault and other serious violent felonies. Today children are reaching out—no, screaming out for help. Released Time education pays off in that students have more self respect, better behavior at school and at home, and improved academic performance.
~David Beasley, Former Governor of South Carolina