Gifts from Your Will or Trust
How It Works
- Include a gift to School Ministries of Birmingham in your will or trust. (Here is sample language for your will.)
- Make your bequest unrestricted or direct it to a specific purpose.
- Indicate a specific amount or a percentage of the balance remaining in your estate or trust.
- Tell us about your gift so we may celebrate your generosity now.
Important Related Topics
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your gift to address changing circumstances.
- You can direct your gift to a particular purpose (be sure to check with us to make sure your gift can be used as intended).
- Under current tax law, there is no upper limit on the estate tax deduction for your charitable bequests.
Please let us know if you have already included School Ministries of Birmingham in your estate plan or if you are considering doing so. We would love to hear from you.
School Ministries of Birmingham is qualified as a charitable organization by the IRS Code section 501(c)(3) and is an Alabama nonprofit corporation. All donations are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by Federal and State law.
A long time ago, children got into trouble for chewing gum or skipping down the hallway—but not now. Today it is much more serious -- drugs, murder, sexual assault and other serious violent felonies. Today children are reaching out—no, screaming out for help. Released Time education pays off in that students have more self respect, better behavior at school and at home, and improved academic performance.
~David Beasley, Former Governor of South Carolina